Phillips on Tap
We are thrilled to announce that Phillips on Tap is returning this summer--Join us Saturday, August 19 at Elk Lake Park!
Rock out to the great music of Pacific Coast Highway while enjoying beer served on tap by breweries from throughout Wisconsin and wine from The 5 Senses!
It is our goal to make this a premier Northwoods event that will draw guests and tourist dollars to our area, show off what our area offers, and provide a fun event for local residents. It will also be a great opportunity for fundraising for our local nonprofit organizations.
Phillips on Tap FAQ’s:
How will the event work?
- The Pacific Coast Highway concert will be free to all attendees. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. Food and non-alcoholic drinks will be available from vendors at the park. There will be a separate “Taproom Tent” for beer and wine. The Phillips Area Chamber of Commerce (PACC) will be selling drink tickets for $5 each that can be used to purchase a pint of beer or glass of wine from any vendor in the tent (only those 21+ will be able to purchase alcoholic drinks). Tickets for “flights” of 4 five-ounce pours will be sold for $10 (beer only, limited number available). Tickets should be given to the vendor who is pouring your beer or wine.
- PACC volunteers will be checking ID’s. Attendees over 21 will be given a wristband. You will need to have a wristband to purchase drink tickets, so don’t forget your ID!
- The Taproom Tent and food vendors will begin serving at 4:00 pm. Music will be played from 5:00-9:00 pm.
- There will be limited seating (tables and benches) at the park. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own chairs or blankets to enjoy the evening.
What’s the deal with the silicone pint glasses?
- PACC is excited to offer silicone pint glasses with the event logo as an event souvenir. $15 gets you a glass and a drink ticket. (Sorry, no unlimited refills!) It is up to the vendors if they prefer to pour into a plastic cup or the silicone cup.
Where should I park?
- Attendees are encouraged to park in the grassy area of the park, north of the gravel driveway. Parking can also be found on the side streets to the west of Lake Avenue (Highway 13), if you don’t mind a short walk.
Where can I stay?
- Check out the Accommodations page at phillipswisconsin.net: https://www.phillipswisconsin.
- There are several great places to stay, play and eat in the Phillips area! Make a weekend of it!
What if it rains?
- The event will be held at Elk Lake Park if at all possible. If it is determined that the weather would cause the event to be dangerous or inaccessible if held outdoors, the Phillips Municipal Building will be the rain site.
A few other things…
- Please keep in mind that this is our first year hosting this event. We appreciate your kindness and patience, and are open to constructive suggestions for future events.
- We urge you to drink responsibly and have a designated driver. There will be local law enforcement on hand to ensure a fun and safe event for all attendees.
- “Split the Pot” and Phillips Area Chamber Raffle tickets will be available—help support this event and future events by purchasing tickets for great prizes! The raffle ticket drawing will take place at 7:00 pm on 8/20.